The Shoalhaven is currently being impacted by two out of control bushfire is burning in the vicinity of West Cambewarra Rd, North Nowra and Croobyar Road bushfire at Mount Kingiman.
Residents encourage people to observe instructions from the RFS and only move if it is safe to do so. If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
Ulladulla Civic Centre is now set up an evacuation centre for those impacted in Burrill Lake/ Kings Point area.
Residents with livestock affected by the Mt Kingiman fire should be taken to Milton showground.
Bomaderry Bowling Club is now being used as an evacuation centre for those impacted in Nowra.
Local Land Services staff are on hand at the Evacuation Centres to provide assistance to residents with companion animals. Food and water for companion animals are available, but they encourage you to bring your own bowl.
Any livestock affected by the Mt Kingiman fire should be taken to Milton showground.
Residents encourage people to observe instructions from the RFS and only move if it is safe to do so.
Electricity to Homes
Many homes throughout the Shoalhaven are experiencing power outages. Residents are advised it is unknown how long these outages will be in place. Updates can be found on http://www.endeavourenergy.com.au
Local Road Closures include:
- Wheelbarrow Road and Woodburn Road near Milton are closed and traffic diversions are in place.
- Princes Highway is closed to both lanes to northbound traffic and one lane open to southbound due to smoke impacts. Road diversions are in place at Bolong Road and at Cambewarra Road.
- For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au. Roads may be closed without warning.
All Nowra and Bomaderry schools have been advised by RFS to remain in place. At this point in time, no evacuation orders have been issued. Schools have been advised to keep children indoors and to close windows.
- Bomaderry Pool and Ulladulla Pool have been closed as a precaution due to smoke impacts and concerns for health when exercising
- West Nowra Waste Depot has been closed for residential use due to high winds making waste disposal unsafe. The facility is open for commercial waste. All other Council waste facilities remain open.
- Ulladulla Civic Centre is being used as an evacuation centre for those impacted in Burrill Lake/ Kings Point area.
- Milton Showground is being used as an evacuation centre for livestock and large animals.
- Alternative power supplies have been provided for our sewerage treatment plants in Bomaderry.