Shoalhaven City Council has been successful in receiving over $3.645 million worth of road and asset grants assisting the area in creating a safe community.
Under the NSW Government Safer Roads Program 2018-1029 the following projects have been funded (exc GST):
- $125,000 additional funding to complete the shoulder widening works on Bolong Road, east of Broughton Creek (a current project, nearing completion).
- $130,000 to construct a single lane roundabout at the intersection of Illaroo Road and Page Avenue, North Nowra.
- $145,000 to construct a channelised right turn treatment at the intersection of Jervis Bay Road and Gardner Road, Falls Creek.
- $140,000 to construct a single lane roundabout at the intersection of Mitchell Parade and Donlan Road (south), Mollymook.
- $190,000 for pedestrian crossing facilities (raised pedestrian crossings) on Jacobs Drive, Sussex Inlet.
- $240,000 to construct a single lane roundabout at the intersection of Green Street and Warden Street, Ulladulla.
Under the NSW Government Saving Lives on Country Roads Program 2018/19 funding (exc GST) has been granted for:
- Funding for an upgrade to Sussex Inlet Road in the vicinity of Old Berrara Road
- $590,000 for the shoulder widening and sealing on Greenwell Point Road to the east of Jindy Andy Lane.
- $555,000 for the removal of the hazardous crest on Forest Road (to improve safety in one of the few overtaking zones on Forest Road).
- $260,000 to extend the existing guardrail and install profile edge and centre lines over the 2.2km length of Naval College Road (to the south of The Wool Road).
- $800,000 for the shoulder widening and sealing on Coonemia Road (the first 2km to the south of Culburra Road).
Mayor Amanda Findley said, “Council would like to thank NSW Roads & Maritime Services, and both local State Members of Parliament for their ongoing support of the Shoalhaven Community through the new NSW Government Saving Lives on Country Roads Program, and for the support of RMS staff in reviewing and supporting Council’s nominations for these important local road safety improvements.”